Fire Rating: Moderate


Commonly Asked for By-laws

By-law Quick References

We’ve added a quick reference guide for all by-law issues.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our bottom of the page. 

Permits are required to access Carling’s waste sites and resident-only parking sites. Each dwelling is issued three (3) permits for use by residents and their guests. These permits are only valid for the calendar year and each year you will receive new permits. Recognizing that the tax bills do not arrive on January 1st permits will be valid until February 15th. On or after February 16th, failure to display a current municipal permit will result in denial of access to waste sites and/or parking tickets.

Municipal Permits are numbered and will become void when lost, replaced for any reason or when the ownership or tenant of a property changes. Lost or stolen municipal permits can be replaced for a cost of $25.00 each.

Municipal Permits do not guarantee a parking spot;  only permission to park at designated Township of Carling resident-only parking areas. For more information, contact the By-law office. For locations of these designated parking areas and waste sites please see the Carling Township Points of Interest Listing.

To avoid receiving a parking ticket, please ensure that your Municipal Permit is displayed on the rear-view mirror or sun visor of your vehicle in such a way that the permit and the permit number are clearly visible. Waste site attendants will ask to see your Municipal Permits before you deposit your waste. If you display your Municipal Permit from your review mirror, please remove the permit before driving your vehicle as it may obstruct your line of sight.


  • RESIDENT PERMITS – Issued to Carling resident for use at parking facilities and waste sites
  • CONTRACTOR PERMITS-Valid for up to 30 days and issued to any non-resident contractors requiring parking at resident only parking sites, Monday – Friday 7am-9pm (no overnight or weekends) does not allow access to waste sites. Limited to one permit per job. Contractors need to provide the Township with the property owners name and address.
  • TEMPORARY MUNICIPAL PERMITS – Available in limited number and valid for 7 days for use at the REMY BAY RD PARKING SITE, made available to water access residents on a first-come-first-served basis.

The Township of Carling provides access to Georgian Bay at several water access points.  Parking at these locations is limited to Carling Residents and their guests. Municipal Permits are required at all locations. View Access Points By-law.

Access Points are located at:

  • Sawdust Bay Dock- 5 Sawdust Road
  • Blind Bay Dock-57 Blind Bay Road
  • Dillon Dock-259 Dillon Road
  • Snug Harbour Dock – 142 Snug Harbour Road
  • Pengally Bay Dock – 10 Wm McKenzie Drive

 Municipal Permits for access to our Waste Sites and Resident Parking Lots are mailed to you with your Interim Tax Bill in January of each year.  If you did not receive your Interim Tax Bill or have lost your permits please contact our office at 705-342-5856. Contractor Permits and Temporary Permits must be picked up at our Office

If you would like to make a complaint with regard to noise, dogs at large or other property related issues, please contact the By-Law Enforcement Office at 705-342-5856 x556 or at

Our Office at 2 West Carling Bay Road is open Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. Our email address is

We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  Please call 705-996-9193

.  Please leave a message and a By-law Enforcement Officer will get back to you as soon as possible.

Contact the By-law department with
any questions you may have

Available from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday – Friday

Address 2 West Carling Bay Rd Nobel, ON P0G 1G0
additional Carling Logo


* indicates required
() -(###) ###-####
Council Meeting Information
Community Notifications
Community News & Events