West Parry Sound Recreation
and Culture Centre
Stay updated on the progress of the WPS Recreation and Cultural Centre
Toronto Maple Leafs Alumni Game
March 30th in Support of the West Parry Sound Recreation & Cultural Centre
Tickets available at the Carling Township Administration Office CASH ONLY
- VIP Tickets -$200 Access to the Alumni team at 5 p.m. (for an hour before the game starts) for hockey talk, autographs and swag, in the designated VIP suite upstairs BOCC, food and cash bar where the game can be watched in comfort through the windows overlooking the game, referee calls to be piped in.
- Gold Tickets -$75 Watch the game in comfort from upstairs in the designated suit through windows over looking the game ( not in the VIP suite) referee calls to be piped in.
- Adult -$25 / Children $20 – Regular seating. If purchased before January 1st ticket price is $5 off regular price.
The Township is not selling the 50/50 Tickets.
Winter Sound Waves – Community Making Music for the Community in Support of the West Parry Sound Recreation and Cultural Centre
Sunday December 17, 2023 at the Stockey Centre – 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Artistic Director: Stephen Maule
The West Parry Sound community is gathering to perform together. Participants include the Georgian Bay Winds, the Parry Sound Singers, Parry Sound High School Music Department, students from several elementary schools, and Cameleon Jazz. Special guests include Carolyn Maule and Russell Braun as well as James and Graham Campbell. Family-friendly activities include carol singing, photos with Santa, the magician Deception by Declan, crafts and refreshments. Additional information can be found on www.letsmakeasplash.ca
Individual tickets are $40 each (available online, in-person, and over the phone), families of four are $60 each ( must purchase four tickets, only available in-person and over the phone) with $5 for every additional child to a family pass ( must purchase a minimum of four tickets, only available in-person and over the phone).
Community News Update
The Township of Carling has entered into a partnership with 5 of the other West Parry Sound Municipalities to design, build and oversee the operation of a new $32 million dollar Pool, Recreation, Wellness and Culture Centre.
The project has received $23.4M in funding from the upper levels of government with Carling’s share being $865K. The facility is in the design stage and is expected to have:
- At least 6 – 25 meter swim lanes;
- A leisure pool and sauna;
- A walking track;
- A full-size gymnasium;
- Weight lifting and exercise equipment;
- As well as a number of studio spaces for yoga, spinning and other fitness activities.
It is anticipated the facility will be operated by the YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka and memberships will allow users to access any of the YMCA’s in North America.
For information regarding the proposed Wellness Centre and Pool please visit the Town of Parry Sound’s Website
Need extra help? Contact the Township office.
Available from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday – Friday